Location: Indiana, United States, North America
Career Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job type: Part time
About this job
Provide worksite biometric testing and individualized teaching and coaching at worksite Wellness Clinics to enhance self-care decisions about wellness, chronic disease prevention and control. Assist CS in maintaining records of individual encounters with employees of CS clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide instruction and counseling to employees based upon the results of their biometric testing, health history, family history, and information from health risk appraisal, if available.
- Evaluate, interpret, monitor and document the health status and employee’s response to teaching and coaching interventions.
- Customize teaching and coaching to meet the cultural needs of the employees.
- Assist CS to develop, review, update and implement educational materials to meet the needs of employees.
- Contribute to monthly health newsletter written by CS. Function as an integral member of the Wise Health Decisions® team.
- Maintain registered nurse status and knowledge of national standards of practice and guidelines for chronic diseases, especially for diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, obesity, smoking cessation and weight loss.