Your heart is a muscle that pumps blood throughout your body to help you stay healthy and feel good.
Arteries that are clogged with fat and cholesterol put you at risk for heart disease such as heart attack and stroke
Take control of your heart health!
Top Ten ways that you can decrease your risk of developing heart disease
1. Exercise daily
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables
3. Use less salt/sodium
4. Lose weight
5. Eat less red meat each week
6. Add fiber to your meal plan
7. Stop tobacco use
8. Find ways to relax & decrease your stress levels
9. Allow for 6 to 7 hours of sleep each night
10. Take all medications as prescribed for diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol
For more information about preventing heart disease, go to www.heart.org
See the Nurses of Wise Health Decisions®
to learn more about keeping your heart healthy.